A Case of Mistaken Identity Solved

Introducing, Cari Kindl. This is no narcissistic attempt to be known in the world but a clarification for the particular ones who mistakenly assume to know me based on what they knew of me in years gone by. I wish to relieve those who are taken aback by my surprising behavior. It is like tuning in to a Soap Oprah that you have not seen in thirty years to find the simple maid is now the madam of the manor. In this case I was the soft-spoken and impressionable girl influenced by an imbalanced male-dominated society who found a voice and courage that has impassioned me and inspired me to speak and work to dissolve the self and nurture oneness.

Who really cares about me and who I am? Perhaps only the friends and family and this is nice but there is no need to be loved and revered by the world to feel complete or worthy. I know I am loved and this love gives me strength but this is not reason for being. Some never experience love or peace but are full of love and peace. Just as those who are blessed with a loving family and wealth can be prone to self-loathing and destructive behavior. The reason we are here is to experience and to understand the world for ourselves through our own changing perspectives. It is not as important to be accepted and loved, as it is to create and share and love. It is not to know what to do based on other's beliefs and rules but to find our own voice and path through creative freedom.

The more I live and learn I see that my identity, character and accomplishments are meaningless when we move beyond being socially accepted and into the realm of egoless-ness and peace. I have sat with lamas in sacred temples and I have partied in Las Vegas but I am no ascended master nor am I a deviant. I do not qualify as an expert in any political or religious domain but I feel and see the world with my heart, mind and my intuition. All I can do at any given moment is share with the interested my views according to the memories and the moment that I am in at that time and hope that it is useful to someone in some way.

Though I possess the skills I so not call myself a barber or a musician or a writer. I practice the fundamental disciplines of self control outlined by Gautam Buddha, but I do not call myself a Buddhist. I understand and subscribe to the Gnostic teachings of a man referred to as the Christ although I know that these teachings were not intended to glorify the man but to educate humans on their ability to ascend and evolve through balance. I have beliefs but I do not cling to them so verdantly that I am driven to aggression.

I have traveled around the world experiencing many different cultures and lifestyles. I have received love and kindness from those in foreign places who are said to hate Americans. And I have seen proof of the horrific acts by our own countrymen on innocent victims. Being an American these experiences gave me the objectivity to see beyond borders and race and country. It has shaped who I am and given a sense of obligation to find my voice on behalf of those who do not wish to play the game. I am relief. I am understanding. I am a witness to justice and an advocate of truth. I am hope and I am a creative force to be reckoned with.

Rather than be a celebrated participant I choose to stand back and watch the world quietly, not silently but knowing that I have the power to change it in every action I take from a word to a smile. Very little is required from me and yet I see how great an affect I have in every small way. I will not be a CEO or the president. I do not have to be nor do I wish to be a millionaire. My kingdom truly is mind. To sum it up, I simply am. So in regard to all of your misconceptions, labels, presumptions and for being insulted or slighted, mistaking my candor and enthusiasm for truth as rudeness, if you were expecting your own version of the girl you used to know, with love and compassion I am happy to disappoint you.

Comments

Popular Posts