Fibromyalgia and Lactose

I have been suffering from chronic pain and fatigue associated with a disorder called Fibromyalgia for many years. I first noticed in my early thirties that after I would drink a few glasses of alcohol my skin would hurt the next day. I thought it was just a hangover but when I asked other people if they had ever experienced this kind of reaction no one seemed to know what I was talking about.

Many years later my symptoms of muscle and skin pain grew worse. And about ten years ago I began to have chronic migraines and feel fatigued at work and not able to hold my arms up which is a problem for a barber/stylist. I changed jobs, working for the Department of Agriculture in an office and soon I noticed having trouble trying to walk uphill and up the stairs to my office. I was also having trouble just walking around our farm. The migraines were hitting every week sometimes for three or four days at a time. My muscles were constantly in spasms. I realized I was not going to be able to do my job and quit in 2008. It never occured to me that I would not be able to work again. I thought I would get better after I figured out what was wrong and go back to work. But I never got better. I got much worse. I tried everything to stop the migraines and find out what was wrong with me going to many different doctors over the course of ten years. I even had a hysterectomy in 2011 thinking it might remedy the heavy bleeding and migraines. But of course I went into full blown menopause with more symptoms to deal with.  I eventually had to apply for disability which is still ongoing after four years.

I went to an acupuncturist that told me to cut out dairy and wheat and some other things. She said that it would take a while but by process of elimination I would find out what I was alergic to and start feeling better. nI couldn't afford to go to the acupuncturist regularly and I suppose I was influenced by my husband to see other doctors since we had good insurance. So I forgot about her advice somewhere along the way and got swept up into a mainstream fiasco of doctors with no idea what causes Fibro. It was also overwhelming because everyone had different opinions about what foods to eliminate and in the end it seems like you can't eat anything these days because everything is toxic.

Doctors continued to feed me pills and never tell me what is wrong with me. But there are people out there that have done some amazing work to get to the bottom of this epidemic. I have heard it all from nutritional deficiencies to chem trails. But whatever this is has to be something that only certain people are effected by. How can the problem be chem trails or toxins in the water or msg when not all people exposed to those things have Fibro symptoms? It occurred to me that this disorder is very much like an allergy. Some days I felt a little better but then it would hit me hard in the next few days.

I came across an article about dairy products being associated with Fibromyalgia. After I did some research it all came back around to what my acupunturist told me in the very beginning. I need to eliminate certain foods to see how it effects me. The muscle tenderness is caused by lactose build up. Some people respond to lactose intollerance by not being able to digest dairy products but what if I am one of those people that can digest dairy but do not respond well to the lactose build up? In fact I did eventually develop the digestive issues as well but never associated it with dairy. The other symptom of lactose build up is restless leg syndrome. This really hit a nerve with me, so to speak because I have horrible problems with restless legs when I take Tizanadine. Oddly, I have no trouble with another muscle relaxer called Robaxin which is lactose free.

My goal now is to go dairy free for several weeks and see how I feel. If I notice a sharp decline in my pain and fatigue I am going to spread this around like wild fire.

These are my symptoms currently:
Migraines
Pain and stiffness in hands, feet, neck, back and hips
Tender points
Chronic Fatigue
Restless legs
TMJ pain
Sleeplessness
Constipation

If you currently are experiencing these symptoms please start eliminating foods to see if you experience any relief. I am not a doctor but there is no harm in doing this. I recently bought a product called Soylent which has all of the nutrients a human body needs. It is a great thing to have around when you do not have access to non toxic wholesome foods. I hope this helps. I will be reporting back soon.  Happy New Year!
















Comments

Popular Posts